On September 12th, 2017, AP-Networks will organize, in conjunction with London International Shipping Week (LISW17), a conference focused on improving dry docking performance.
Dry docking a vessel is generally seen as a necessary evil, a disturbance to cash generating activities that erodes a large part of the maintenance budget. AP-Networks believe that by aiming higher and aiming smarter, ship owners and managers can transform dry docking performance into a competitive advantage through lower costs and shorter schedule durations.
The dry docking conference will focus on topics such as:
– How can benchmarking help the industry to improve?
– Challenging Dry Docking Scope – Why would you? What role does the ship owner play?
– How do you approach a dry docking improvement program?
– Case studies on dry docking improvement programs.
Situated in the centre of London, the Hilton London Canary Wharf will serve as the location for this conference. AP-Networks will share benchmark information collected in the previous years with the participating ship owners and managers to help them to reduce dry docking costs and shorten off-hire periods. These benchmarks provide a quantitative way to evaluate the effectiveness and competitiveness of dry docking practices and outcomes.
– Date: September 12th, 2017
– Timing: 09:00 – 12:00, followed by lunch and opportunity for networking
– Location: Hilton London Canary Wharf – Wharf South Quay, Marsh Wall